Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mom's been antsy and I was bad.

Mom's been antsy the past few days. She's been cleaning the house a lot. That included cleaning Boy's room which hardly ever gets done-he likes it messy, the way things should be! She even threw out one of his carpets that the cat that lives here had peed on a few times, and then scrubbed the floor. She folded the laundry so now we have to actually lay in our beds if we want somewhere soft to lay. The carpets dont even stink anymore! I dont know whats gotten into her but she keeps talking about "the inlaws" coming to town. Us dogs even had to have baths today, yuck!

I've been doing my best to help keep things normal by putting my toys right under her feet, and dragging the blankets around, but mom didnt seem to think this was helping, so while everyone was gone tonight I decided the house was much to clean and I needed to do something about it, it just didnt feel right! I decided the best thing would be to put some stuffing all over the living room, but where to get some? All my stuffy's I dragged outside the other day and they got rained on, and I dont like to chew them when they're wet...so they are out...Boy's stuffy's have all been put up high where I cant get to them since any that were left within my reach I decapitated. Whats that leave? The couch of course!

I didnt want the place to be filthy, I just wanted it to feel "lived in". Like home. I figured one arm rest would be enough. I shredded the armrest and pulled all the stuffing out, stacking it on the couch in a great big pile, with just a little overflow onto the floor. Much better. It takes a lot of work to get decorating just right, so now its nap time.

Mom wasnt quite as pleased as I had hoped with my redecorating job. She did use one of her favorite nick-names while talking to me about it though, "Naughty", I dont like that one as much as I do "Monster". She picked all the stuffing up and put it in bags, and then cut the shredded arm rest of the couch off, mumbling something about trying to save the pieces to use as a pattern to make a new arm rest. I dont know why she thinks she needs a new one, there's still one on the other side of the couch! Dad mentioned something about not being able to have nice things because of us pets and that made Mom feel bad. I didnt mean to make Mom feel bad, I was just trying to help.

After feeding us dinner, I came in and gave Mom a kiss right on the cheek, before cuddling up in bed. She said she forgave me cuz it was just "stuff", and I know she still loves me, cuz I'm her Monster, and she's my Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment